The City of Rising Sun has a couple of fun Easter events coming up for children to enjoy.
On Friday, April 7, bring your young ones to Pendleton Art Center (201 Main St.) from 6 to 8 pm and get a free picture with them and the Easter Bunny. Pictures will be printed out while you browse the art gallary and shops on Main Street.
On Saturday, April 15 at 10 am, American Legion Post 59 and Rising Sun Main Street is sponsoring the Community Easter Egg Hunt. The event will be held at Shiner Park (behind the community pool and high school athletic fields). The Easter Bunny will be making an appearance there for pictures as well. You can call the Legion at 812-438-3688 if you have any questions.
Rules for the Easter Egg Hunt:
- No pushing or punching.
- No biting or hair pulling.
- No kicking or tripping.
- No swinging of baskets like a helicopter with intent to harm.
- The use of drones to search for hidden eggs is prohibited.
- The use of Bloodhounds or other highly trained animals to sniff out eggs is prohibited.
- The use of motorized vehicles to speed from egg to egg is prohibited.
- Finding eggs in another child's basket is theft and is subject to criminal prosecution.
- Contrary to popular belief, egg hunting is not a competitive sport nor is it the Hunger Games.
(These are not the actual rules of the Community Easter Egg Hunt. They are just a few one-liners to make you smile. For the egg hunt, simply have fun and be kind to those around you.)