Rising Sun News
Lifeguard Classes are in December at South Dearborn
Posted by Ynez Taylor on November 27, 2018
For those who may be interested in becoming a lifeguard at the Rising Sun Community Pool, please see details regarding certification classes below.
LIFEGUARDING CLASS (contact Lyndsay Laub email@example.com)
- Must be 15 years of age on or before the final scheduled session.
MUST complete the following swimming prerequisites:
1. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic. Swimmers can use the front crawl or breaststroke or a combination of both, but no sidestroke or backstroke. Goggles may be used.
2. Tread water for 2 minutes using the legs only. Hands are under the armpits.
3. Swim 20 yards with face in or out of the water, surface dive to 7-10 feet; retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to surface and swim 20 yards on the back to the starting point with the object, exit the water within 1 min. 40 sec. No goggles
Class Meeting Dates at South Dearborn High School-Pool
- December 12th 7pm-8pm (Could be shorter depending on how many students there are)
- Saturday December 15th 9am- 3pm
- Sunday December 16th 9am-3pm
- Saturday December 22nd 9am-3pm
- Sunday December 23rd 9am-11am practice. (If needed) Written and water test right after practice. (Students are free to leave once they have completed both tests.)
**Students may leave for lunch break or bring a sack lunch. Classes may release early, depending on class size and material covered.
Cost: $250.00 total
- $250 will be paid to the instructor the First Day of class (checks can be made out to Lyndsay Laub)
- This fee includes online book fees, pool rental, instruction, supplies, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer,
- Skills testing over the water skills
- Two written exams: Lifeguarding and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- MUST receive 80% or better on written exam (No refunds are offered if student does not pass exams)
Registering For Class:
- Please e-mail Lyndsay Laub at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 9th.
** A Lifeguarding/CPR recertification class is also being offered on Sunday December 16th 12:00 for $75.00. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information.