Rising Sun News
Make Your Golf Cart Legal In 2018-19
Posted by Ynez Taylor on February 2, 2018
Right now, everybody’s golf cart in Rising Sun is illegal. For shame, for shame, for shame! Okay…no biggie. It’s just time for all of you to complete the biannual registration process which will keep your cart in good standing through December 31, 2019. Here’s what you need to do:
1) Take your golf cart to the Rising Sun Police Department (300 S. Poplar St.).
2) The RSPD will complete a checklist to make sure several items are in working order.
3) You’ll be given a registration/application to complete and your signed checklist.
4) Bring the following items to the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office at City Hall (200 N. Walnut St.):
- Your completed registration/application form.
- The signed checklist from the RSPD.
- Your driver’s license and proof of insurance.
5) At City Hall, you’ll sign a Release Of Liability form.
6) Once all of the above are taken care of, you’ll pay $25 at City Hall for a permit sticker valid through 12/31/19.
As a friendly reminder, golf carts are subject to the same rules of the road as other motorized vehicles. Please enjoy the fun and convenience of your cart but operate it in a responsible manner for your safety and the safety of others.